Senior Manager CV: mistakes
The CV below was a genuine CV that one of our writers worked on. We’ve added highlighted the problems and remedies in red.
23 Rivercrest Drive
(T): 0191 556 7234
(E): firstname.lastname@example.orgThe candidate has recently moved but has used his old telephone number, probably out of force of habit. He has also accidentally included his work email address. Make sure that the contact details you use are absolutely correct to avoid any issues later.
- Overall control of the company sales strategy
- Corporate planning and strategy.
- Provision of adequate resources to meet requirements.
- Long term strategic planning.
- Financial and resource planning and capital expenditure / equipment procurement.
- Forward business planning, strategy and main supplier sourcing / procurement.
- Recruitment of sales staff.
- Commercial matters relating to pricing structures in collaboration with fellow directors.
- Review and approval of quotations for submission to customers.
- Management representative for the company.
- Determination of resource requirements and in conjunction with the departmental managers, procurement / facilitation of such.
- Ensuring customer complaints are promptly investigated and closed out.
- Appointed as Head of Sales of a declining print media company. Increased turnover from £2 to £12 million within three years and gross profit from 12% to 28% by strengthening existing customer relationships and expanding into new industries, such as not-for-profit and local councils.
- Implemented a structured commercial agreement process with suppliers incorporating reporting structures, escalation points and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Streamlined administration and buying functions and managed a consultation process incorporating 12 redundancies, but achieving cost savings of 20%.
- Expanded the corporate presence and brand throughout the UK by measures such as sponsorship of a regional rugby club, pro bono work in developing countries and representative activities with national trade bodies and lobbying groups.